Hand Logo New Star Start
About Our Work
Allergy & ADHD
Allergy & Autism
Toxicity & Autism
Trauma & Autism
Genetics & Autism
NAET Treatment
Clinic Study
Advice for Parents
Nutrition Support
Brain Allergy
Brain Wave Change
Brain-Body Connections
Balance the Brain
Neurology Change
Balance Meridian
Energy Medicine
Supplementery Procedures
Spenser's Journey
Simon's Progression
Eric's Road

Simon's Progression Through NAET


Simon, age nine, was diagnosed as having autism spectrum disorder with occasional seizures since the age of four. He has all the classic behavior of autism. He was categorized as high-functional. According to his parents his autistic traits increased ten fold whenever he ate certain foods. His mother observed that his occasional seizures were connected with high consumption of refined sugar. His mother made a list of these foods: milk, eggs, wheat, bread, corn, sugar, chocolate, candy, fruits, oats, fish, beans, jelly beans, his prescription medication, hot dogs, barbecued beef, pork, chicken, brown rice, raisins, nuts, ice cream, ice cubes, potato, tomato, oranges, grapes, banana, avocado, cheese, and salsa. Certain foods made him violent and aggressive for a number of hours. He consumed enormous amounts of food which made him grow fat. He weighed 110 lbs at the age of nine. He was put on a rotational diet with a limited number of foods. It was not easy to plan his meals avoiding all of the above listed food items.
When Simon was evaluated in our office, we found the following symptoms: he avoided eye contact, played alone, showed no awareness of people, resisted physical touch by anyone including his mother, lacked appropriate social or emotional responses, lacked communication skills, was unable to talk, made unusual sounds, had extreme need for sameness, was attached to a cream colored old baby blanket, was preoccupied with twirling and pulling his hair or chewing the sleeve shirt, refused to try new foods, refused to chew foods, insisted on eating fried foods and swallowed them in big chunks, was startled by any external noises, had severe insomnia, flapped his hand over his left side of the face repeatedly, showed distress and cried every now and then without any reason, wet his pants periodically, and was uncooperative in learning or doing school work. He also suffered from repeated dry skin, patches of scattered dermatitis and/or eczema, itching of his body, drooling, runny nose, canker sores, bad breath, abdominal bloating, flatulence and constipation.
He sat through the computer testing for food sensitivity screening. He was tested for 156 food items. The interpretation of the computer reading is on a scale of 0-100, (50 is normal, 100 is the maximum sensitivity at an inflammatory level, and zero is a possible hidden allergy or an artifact).

NST was done through is mother using her as the surrogate. He had weakness on 20 groups of basic allergens when tested with NST. He was also found to be allergic to cotton and polyester and acrylic fabrics.
His vital signs were within normal limits. He had some scratch marks and a few scattered hives on his body. He also suffered from mild upper respiratory problems including mild dry cough (suffered four six months), itching of his nostrils, red cheeks and malar flush.
He was treated for egg mix on the first visit. On the following visit, his mother reported that he stopped coughing within hours after the first treatment (egg mix). One week after the first treatment, he still remained free of his coughing.
He was then treated fro calcium mix. This includes milk and milk products, calcium and vitamin D. On the following visit, his mother reported that his canker sores were healed completely. His abdominal bloating was slightly better.
Next, he was treated for vitamin C mix. This included vitamin C, ascorbic acid, oxalic acid, citrus mix, vegetable mix, and fruit mix. On the following visit, he appeared restless and refused to sit in the chair and wait his turn. Instead, he rushed into my office. My impulse was, “How are you Simon?”
“How are you Simon?” He repeated my question.
“Ah! Simon, you are speaking!” I exclaimed.
He snorted back, “Ah! Simon, you are speaking!” Then his mother walked in and stood behind him with a beaming smile. I looked at his mother and said, “Wow Did you hear him speak?” Simon immediately responded, “Wow! Did you hear him speak?”
He repeated ever word I said and his mother said for the next few minutes. He also had a smile on his face all along.  His mother said he was chirping away nonstop after the treatment for vitamin C. He repeated everyone’s conversation throughout the week. She was so relieved to hear him speak even though his speech didn’t make any sense. All these years, she never knew that he could say even one word. Now he was speaking fluently without any accent or hesitation, the words just flowed. “He did not even appear that he was listening,” she said, “How could he have learned all these words and sentences without anyone teaching him I wonder!” She was still amazed at his sudden progress. Even with his strange response he had passed the treatment for vitamin C.
He was treated for B complex, again through his mother as a surrogate. After the treatment, he was asked to sit outside along with his mother with the sample placed inside his sock. In a few minutes he got up from his seat, rushed into my office and fell on the treatment table. Another patient was sitting at the same table discussing her treatment plan with me. I looked at his face. His cheeks and ears were turning red. He was burning with fever (103 degree Fahrenheit by axilla). I immediately took the sample of B vitamins out of his sock, called his mother in and repeated NAET and in a few minutes the redness of his cheeks and ears diminished and his temperature started coming down. I made him rest in one of the treatment room along with his mother, periodically checking his condition. He rested quietly dozing on and off. I repeated NAET treatment three more times every 15 minutes for the B complex during the next hour. It took about an hour to get his temperature down to normal. He became very quiet and appeared tired. After he became stable, his mother took him home.
On the following visit, Simon sat quietly in his seat. He did not jump around or move from his seat this time. His mother said he was extremely quiet after the B complex treatment. He did not talk but he nodded his dead for all the questions appropriately by “yes” or “no”. She said he looked as if he had no energy to say a word. But when I checked him he had passed the treatment for B complex with flying colors.
He was treated for sugar mix next. In less than a few minutes, he broke out in hives all over his body. NAET was repeated immediately on him through a surrogate (his mother). We repeated NAET every five minutes for six times until he passes the sugar mix. His hives faded away in just a few minutes and he fell asleep. His mother had to carry him to the car since he refused to wake up. He seemed to be having a very restful sleep.
On the following visit, he looked cheerful, quiet, calm, and appeared shy. He wouldn’t look at other patients and he used his mother’s body as a shield to hide behind her. He covered his face with his hands and peeked through his finger-gaps. But he kept smiling all along. His mother said she had not noticed his kind of behavior before.
He was treated for iron mix that day. Soon after the iron treatment, there was a sudden change in his calm disposition. In a few minutes, he became very aggressive. He began kicking his mother, tried to push her out of the chair, and his smiling face was replaced by an angry and unhappy one. Then he began to bang his head on the wall and scream.
He wouldn’t cooperate to talk to the treatment room. He crawled his way to the corner then went under the table in the acupuncture room and hid there like a frightened kitten. He refused to come out. We had to move the table physically to get him out of there. We had to carry him to the NAET treatment room. NAET was repeated through the surrogate every five minutes for four more times. By then, he had calmed down. His calmness projected as deep sleep. He curled up into a fetal position. By then we were familiar with his response After the 20 minute waiting period from the last NAET treatment, his mother carried him to the car.
On the next visit, his mother said he had slept for 18 hours without eating, drinking, or moving from his fetal position. When he woke up he looked tired. He was too tired to eat anything. His mother fed him. He ate slowly and calmly. Then he went to sleep again. He slept for three days intermittently for hours. He was not interested in any activities. So his mother let him sleep. After three days when he woke up, he was his usual self again. But he was less aggressive and behaved somewhat normally. He pointed to certain foods like ice creams, cookies, etc, indicating that he wanted to eat them, which he has never done before. His mother let him have the cookies and ice cream since he was treated and cleared for sugar and milk.
On the following visit, he came and sat down on the char in the waiting room. He had a serious look on his face.
Kevin, another seven-year-old normal patient, was demanding that his mother take him to Burger King. Simon watched him for a while and stood up from his chair pointing his index finger towards Kevin and told him in a firm voice, “You are naughty!” Everyone in the waiting room laughed and complemented him saying, “Very good, Simon!” He smiled and began to develop appropriate responses.
He was treated for vitamin A mix next. This included fish, shellfish, beta carotene, and fish oils. In a few minutes after the treatment, he began itching all over his body. He was treated two more times for vitamin A, every five minutes and his itching stopped. Compared to all other previous treatments, demonstrating that his brain and body were happy to have another culprit out of his body.
On the next visit, his mother was beaming with joy. She said Simon’s skin felt very soft and all the eczema and dermatitis cleared up. He stopped scratching his body. His dry scalp also cleared up. He was treated for mineral mix. Once again, he became very aggressive in the office. I had to treat him five times every five minutes to make his brain accept the mineral mix. After the treatment, he fell asleep again and his mother had to carry him to the car.
On the following visit, he seemed to be full of energy. When the car stopped in the parking lot, he ran ahead of his mother into the office, ran to my assistant who was standing in the front office, hugged her and kissed her hand. Then without a word, he ran into my office and looked into my eyes and said: “I love you, Dr. Devi.”
His mother waited impatiently to see what would happen when he completed all the allergens in the NAET Basic set. We had to do on at a time on each session, sometimes each one needed to be repeated a few times before his body could release the allergic bond. After completing all the basic allergens, he was treated for serotonin, dopamine, neurotransmitters, secretin, dimethyl glycine, tap water, amino acids, starch complex, alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, food colors, food additives, stomach acids, digestive enzymes, parasite mix, childhood immunization (MMR, DPT, Polio), his past and present medications, pesticides, fabrics, plastics, latex, chemicals, he was also treated for all the animals and toys in his house. Soon after the treatment for vaccinations, his seizures stopped. We repeated the computer test several times. The final test showed 10 readings between 50 and 55 and nothing above 55.
He is a healthy teenager now who can eat any food of his choice without any adverse reaction. He is attending a regular school and living a normal life now.


About Dr. Lu

Dr. Lu  completed his medical education and training in China. (The Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Shandong University Medical College respectively) Over 20 years clinic and research experiences in both medical school and hospital, Dr. Lu learned both West Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine including modern medical technology, acupuncture, medicinal herbs, and specializing in neurology. After years practice and accomplishments in China, Dr. Lu was invited as a visiting  assistant professor at the University of South Carolina, School of Medicine in 1991. After excellent achievements in research program funded by NIH and NSF, Dr. Lu decided to become a Chiropractic Doctor in order to introduce the Traditional Chinese Medicine to the Western culture. Obtained Doctor Degree of Chiropractic from Parker College of Chiropractic, Dr. Lu became a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic and board certified Acupuncturist and began his practice in Dallas Texas since then. In 2007 Dr. Lu was voted the best acupuncturist in City of Richardson by Living Magazine.


Dr. Lu Acu

Doctor of Chiropractic
Board Certified Acupuncturist
M.D. in China
Over 20 years of Clinic Experience
Member of American Chiropractic Association

Acupuncture Care
Chiropractic Care
Email the Webmaster with questions or comments about this web sites
Copyright of New Star Chiropractic & Acupuncture Wellness Center, 2004~2011, Last Updated on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:34 PM